On 11/11/11 we decided to set ourselves the vanity challenge of growing our client base to 11 before the close of 2011, whilst ensuring we don’t skip a beat with our existing client base. Eight months in, we’re still crawling at Twisted Toast and up for giving almost anything our best shot. We’ve made it though and are proud of our 11 clients in 2011.
We’re now on the verge of booking our first radio campaign on behalf of a client, through MediaVest (our media agency partner) as part of a multi-media campaign.
Not constraining ourselves too much is liberating, and while we’re still small completely do-able. It’s one of those cultural things that we will do our utmost to preserve as we grow.
In this spirit, here are our 11 learnings (not in order of importance)
- Always do what the client wants (even if it hurts sometimes)
- Positive energy is an incredibly powerful business tool
- Business flows from places you’d never expect
- Change is a great way of getting rid of unnecessary baggage
- You’re never too old to learn new tricks
- Small, detailed things take the longest time and are always underestimated
- In spite of the best intentions, things go wrong
- Special people will go out of their way to help you succeed
- Pitching is worth the hard work, something is always gained
- Perseverance pays off. As Yogi Berra said: “It ain’t over till it’s over”
- Good coffee is the octane-injected fuel that we run on!
With three weeks to go until we close the office for the holidays, our new target has become 12 clients to start 2012.
Thank you to our incredible clients for giving us the ride of our lives the past eight months. We wish you all well over the summer holidays and look forward to growing together in 2012. Let the good times roll!